Friday, June 01, 2007

No Solicitating HERE!!

Is it Solicitating or Soliciting?????

I mean really...how many sales people can show up at your house in a matter of 2 weeks. Well I have the answer! A LOT!! And I am downright sick of it. When I have at least 2 people a day knock on my door trying to sale me a water purifier, a kirby vacuum, a year contract to get rid of the bugs and spiders and they all say they have special prices JUST FOR TODAY and JUST FOR THIS NEIGHBORHOOD-- I mean really, do they think we are all stupid???

Yesterday was the last straw and really, shame on me for being soooooo stupid (I guess these sales people are right!) I am hanging clothes for Jadyn in her closet and going through them at the same time so I can send a big box to the Goodwill. I am on a roll, getting things done and rooms put together.

Then the doorbell rings....
Jadyn answers it and comes to get me-- I am already ticked.

There is this young woman who is holding a brochure that says she needs my help so she can win this stupid trip. She starts fast talking.

"I want to offer you a free room cleaning today.... By doing this it will help me win this trip. I have just 11 more houses to do. We are doing this for free because we want you to tell your neighbors and friends about what a good job we do because we don't pay for advertising. PLEASE, I will get paid when you do this and that is all I have to do. It will only take 30 to 40 minutes and you just sit back with your feet up."

In between all this- I am asking questions
"Whats the catch?" She says, "There is none! I just need to get credit for it! And its hot out here! PLEASE"

So you are telling me there is no high pressured sales, because I don't need it nor do I have time for it.

She says, "No, we just need your word of mouth to help us get more business. Please help me out, its so hot out here! It will only take 30 to 40 minutes"

I say, "My gut instinct is to tell you no because what you are saying doesn't make sense to me."

She says, "I just need 11 more houses to get this free trip. Please just let us do it because I get paid for it."

So I give in!!!!! HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

I go back into Jadyn's room and continue and when I come back into my living room what is set up is a Kirby Vacuum and a different person!!! I KNEW IT!!!

I immediately tell this person that he is wasting his time because I am not interested and I am not paying him a red cent. I also tell him that the chick who came to my door is a liar and their selling practices are deceptive and unethical. He still says he is not there to sale anything! And immediately goes into his pitch on dirty my house is. He cleans the TV, the baseboard, a mattress, my kitchen floor and all this time asking me all these questions that require a YES answer or stupid common sense questions, like "Do you like dirt on your walls?" "Do you want to your house to LOOK clean or to BE clean?"

Then he asks me "Can I welcome you into the Kirby family today?"

HELL NO!!! If I have told you once I have told you a 100 times I am not buying one! I don't pay for than $75 for a vacuum. So then he still shows me more stuff it will do!!!! I then told him I have dinner to make and my husband should be home any minute so he should pack up and leave. He then asks "What would my husband think if he saw how dirty the house was?"

Oh Lord "Why don't you wait until he gets home and find out for yourself!"

So I go about cooking dinner, feed the kids and then I go sit on my patio. Keith walks in and talks to him for a few minutes and tells him to pack up because we aren't paying $2300 for a vacuum. All the dirt in the world could not convince him. I sit on the patio and giggle. Then Keith turns it around on him.

He tells him he should be in the Army and asks him what is he doing selling vacuums door-to-door? Get a real job. He even went as far as helping him look up an Army recruiting office on the internet and feeding him dinner!!!!! Unreal!!!!

So this FREE CLEANING turned into a 2.5 sales pitch to buy a $2300 vacuum. As soon as the torture was over I went to Walmart and bought the stuff to make me a fairly big sign to put in my yard!

Can you guess what it says??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This gave me the best laugh I have had in a long time...You should write for TV you do a lot better job I even printed it off so I could send it to Yula, Venna's
mom--I guess you remember them. How do you print off just one page instead of 16 which I got??
Grancarla

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home