Friday, June 12, 2009

Spiffing up the house

Got a lot to do in a short amount of time and the backporch was bugging me.
So I finally decided to do something about it since it is the place where all company hangs out and I spend many hours out there! I love it, so I should make it reflect that, right???

Well I have no Before pictures, but trust me...it was not pretty!

But here is an overview of it now

Photobucket

I mainly found homes for everything that needed one! And filled all the empty flowers pots that I have accumulated.

The 5 flower pots I have on my porch all got living things put into them!
Photobucket
Then they were arranged to look nice and make sure the cats stay out of them.

Then all the magazines that I love to read on the porch where put into this basket along with all my writing utensils for when inspiration hits. I wish I had a little bench to get this off the ground but that will happen in the near future when I find one I like.


I also made this chalkboard for the back wall on the porch. Many of you would have expected the old standard of a Texas Star to go up there, but I am intrigue with chalkboards lately-- made a little welcome home sign for Keith.
Photobucket

I also put up some Tiki torches around the rock work. A friend has them and I swear, it makes a huge difference with the bugs!
Photobucket

I also replanted some flowerbeds and other pots that are not on the porch-- have to make the yard look good and pretend that it always has since Keith left!! I will be buying a misting fan today for the porch also since the temperature is already hovering around 100 degrees--- even with the ceiling fan out there- it just doesn't cut it. Oh, you all are going to be begging to sit on this porch with me!

Made the coolest sign this last week-- It is a 12x12 board with a 6-4 Cav theme. I have about a million ideas for other themes I am going to work on. It would be cool to have several of these and line them up on a wall.

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paige-your porch looks like something out of Home and Gardens-it looks great! I am glad Keith is getting home safely. Debbeie N.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everthing you do looks lovley----so very happy for you all that Keith is coming home.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Holli said...

Looks really nice!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger على محمد said...



شركة تنظيف موكيت بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف


شركة الصرف الصحى بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home