Monday, October 30, 2006

The Art of Procrastination

And let me tell you, I am really, really good at it! I am in a constant state of running until I am ragged because of something I put off until the VERY LAST SECOND. I am in a heap of trouble right now because I need to get a root canal finished that was started in March and now I can't get an appointment until December 4th! Wow! Won't even be a resident of TN at that point. Looks like I might have to make a trip back here if there isn't a cancellation soon!

Oh, and Halloween! Well I have been running around all day collecting items I need for the kids costumes and have spent the evening trying to make it come together. That is on top of pumpkin carving, a home clearing inspection, and homeschooling.

So lets break the day down...

Because we live in military housing, they must come to inspect before you leave the residence to ensure that everything is ready for the next person to move in. It is really overwhelming because the list of things we have to do before we move next week is LONG! The fact that we have lived here for 5 years means very little to these people. My home in no means a mess and any landlord would be thrilled to have us but this list we have to accomplish in the next week is beyond irritating. I have to prime 4 rooms to get them ready to paint, replace lightbulbs that I never had in 5 years, clean the gutters on the house, tear out garden and flower beds, breakdown a workbench in the garage and throw it out, take items off the house that were here when I moved in, bleach the cheapest and ugliest peel-and-stick tile floors ever and replace light fixtures that I upgraded.

I am trying really hard not to be ugly about the whole situation, but I am tired just thinking about what I have to do in the next week. For some reason I booked 3 parties this week to top it off. They better be awesome parties!!!

Anyhow, the kid's costumes are turning out really cute! Bridger is a turkey in the middle of a table. We set the table with plates, cups, utensils and napkins and he is the centerpiece. Jadyn is a washing machine and I am still not finished with that yet. But I will post pictures when I am done- they are quite creative! We also got crazy with our pumpkins this year. Of course, I just bought them today so we got the leftovers, but we made it work. The kids did goulish pumpkins and I did an American Flag. I will post pics of those too.

One last thing I need to get - Halloween Candy!! Maybe tomorrow!

Paige

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home