Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Pics

I am going to attempt to post some pictures of our exciting day! Besides homeschooling, doing some last minute costume enhancement, and don't forget, I saved the candy buying until today, my miracle came through! I don't have to come to Clarksville anytime soon because my Dentist called me and he can get me in this Friday!! I have never been so happy to have a root canal and pay this guy a small fortune.

Anyhow, we had hordes of kids come through our neighborhood. Once again, I bought so much candy I thought we would never get rid of all of it and I ran out early. It is always amazing to me who shows up in the neighborhood. And the kid's costumes were a traffic-stopping hit! I always love when that happens. We went all out with the pumpkin carving too! And we got the porch all decorated and even had scary music playing. I love Halloween!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Bridger was a table and I made him a headpiece that looks like a turkey.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jadyn was a washing machine and we had a lot of fun putting this little number together. It was really that hard- we had to paint the box white because we couldn't find white craft paper and we had to be creative with the front. We found a plastic vegtable tray with a clear top and filled it with clear and blue saran wrap and a piece of fabric. Then the finishing touch that made it look semi-real was this silver foil tape I found to put around the edges and make the dials on the top. We got some old socks and some panties and a few boxes and that was it. Cool, huh!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are 2 of our pumpkins. Mine is the American Flag and I got the template off the internet. Jadyn did a scary face, but the nose didn't turn out right. I think it looks like Bob Marly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is Bridger's pumpkin and he did this all by himself! We have come a long way from your traditional jack-o-lantern. We have had some sorry looking pumpkins in the past so I think these one rock. And we have a heap of pumpkin seeds that will last us forever if we don't throw them out first.

Happy Halloween!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I saw the washing machine costume on the Today Show this week but I wasn't sure it was easy enough to pull off. Nice Job!!

Blessings, Whitney

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home