Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Random pics of what I do on a Tuesday

I don't really do this every Tuesday, but it has been an eventful day as far as getting things done. Right now we are in the middle of a big thunderstorm so I thought I would cook and take pictures...really, no TV means lets cook since I made my family eat leftovers, tomorrow they will get the leftovers from my 10pm cooking escapade tonight.

It started with some innocent brownies but I couldn't stop there! (Tip: put parchment paper in your pan and then pour your brownie mixture in- makes clean-up a breeze). I have been really good about making Keith lunch everyday because we live too far away for him to come home and he was spending almost $10 a day eating out. So, I thought let me make Keith something more interesting for lunch tomorrow.

So I made Con Queso Fake Chicken Soup~pretty good and I like the name too.

Then I thought I should make something else because soup is not that filling, so next I dive into making Spring Rolls they healthy way.

First chop the cabbage and saute it with some olive oil and garlic
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then throw in the green onions and bamboo shoots
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cook for 30 more seconds and take off heat- add soy sauce and pepper.

Wrap in Egg Roll wrappers
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then cook for at least 6 minutes turning them every so often
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think they turned out pretty good and it will be fun to experiment with the filling. So I packed Keith's lunch and even included a little jar of soy sauce and Sweet and Sour sauce, to go with his soup and brownie.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Notice the Texas flag lunchbox. I had to help him fit in with the other Texans. I saw this bumper sticker the other day and it read, "American by birth, Texan by God's Grace." These people are funny!

Today I also worked in my craft studio (don't you love that sound of that!). I made fabric panels to go around my desk and hide the clutter underneath.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This fabric used to by my curtains in Kentucky! But works well here also. On my table I am working on an album of all my pictures of when I was stationed in Cuba and met Keith. That shelving unit about it, I just bought at IKEA (awesome store) and it took Keith and I at least an hour to hang it.

I also wanted to display some of my vinyl projects that I sell at craft shows, so I set it up here to keep in view. Love it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still tell people how you called home when you and Keith were in the Navy to ask how to make French toast! And you were in you twentys! Well just look at you now!!! I'm soooo proud--cooking and taking pictures! This is making me hungry!! Way to Go!
Mom

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am going to start calling you "Martha"!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paige! i didnt have your email addy, but carla told me you blogged here (great stuff by the way!) chrissy iverson and i are also HUGE harry potter fans. what did you think of the last book?? i wont tell you what i think until i know you've read it...hate people who spoil books/movies! oh, this is shawn by the way *doy!* how's TX? i lived in houston a year...if hell is anything like that state, i'm going to repent my butt off. ugh! if you can get past the giant,flying, hissing cockroaches, the humidity, the friggin tornado-watches every day, the flat ground, the fact that everything rusts in a week, you'll be fine...oops! unless you're patriotic about the US. when i was there and heard their 'state' pledge to their flag at a huge teacher meeting, i flipped my lid! the raised their flag to the same level as the US, AND their pledge sounded strangely rebellious, like they would leave the union any time they damn well felt like it!! what's up with that? sorry, i rant a lot. anyway, email me when you get a chance, i want to know how you're doing and what you're doing.
love, shawn
shawn.maxwell@iron.k12.ut.us
(it's a govy email and no attachments get through the dumb firewall!)

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home